I have worked exclusively in e-learning development for fifteen years, with a prior ten years’ experience in education and training in both the private and public sectors, including:
- Sales and application training in the private sector;
- Compliance training;
- Working with organisations large and small to specify, design and build websites and DVDs;
- Teaching in post-primary, further education and adult learning;
- Developing e-learning and web-based training solutions; and
- Using (and training others to use) e-learning tools in the classroom.
I have helped organisations deploy e-learning. An effective e-learning strategy can:
- Deliver significant, direct cost savings in terms of travel and accommodation;
- Make learning opportunities available round the clock;
- Reduce the time it takes for new learning opportunities to reach the learner;
- Allow content to be managed and updated as and when necessary; and
- Make staff development a more rewarding experience.
If you still need to know more, read The Qualities of a Real e-Learning Developer.