Instructional design is the process of translating the desired learning outcomes into the most effective means of delivering those outcomes. I take a creative, yet rigorous, approach towards instructional design and can work with a client’s subject matter experts to design learning episodes that are interactive and engaging for learners.
Although every project is different there are normally several steps in the development process.
- An initial needs analysis and an outline project scope and budgetary estimate
- A detailed project specification and schedule (including a review of learning outcomes, learner context/constraints and resources)
- Definition of course content, multimedia assets and creation of storyboards for interactions
- Next come the interface designs, colour schemes and templates
- Production of multimedia assets and draft releases of work-in-progress
- And finally, a high quality solution that has been rigourously tested.